Monday, October 29, 2012

To my Wielito with love

You have been gone for a while now, and just when I think I am okay again something reminds me of you. The man whom I buy pecans from has your build and mannerisms. I eat pecans and I see you eating them with me.
I even dreamt of you the other day, and my heart broke all over again.
It's time for holiday baking and all I can think of is the time I made you a sweet potato pie, and the huge grin on your face when I gave it to you.
I went to eat breakfast at a hole in the wall restaurant the other morning, and thought of how much you would have loved it, and I also thought back on all mornings we had breakfast together.
I have come to the conclusion that I will never stop missing you, and my heart will never be whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment