Friday, June 22, 2012

Reflections

Since we buried my Grandfather a week ago I have been doing a lot of thinking.
I was amazed that the church was mostly full at his funeral mass which was held on a Wednesday morning. It made my heart smile to see how many lives he touched in his 75 years here on earth. I started thinking will it be like this when I go?
Let me tell you the answer was a big old probably not. It's not that I am a completely selfish person, it's just that I haven't done anything that could be called great or anything that could change a person's life. So now what?
I began to pray and I even started reading "You Are Made For More" by Lisa Osteen Comes. Here is what I have learned so far, no job is more important than being the best wife and mother I can be. This for my family means less money for anything extra, and my husband being the sole provider once again for our family (no pressure honey). This also means finding ways to help others in meaningful ways, and being strong for my husband when he is tired.
A good friend of ours (I will call him Bob) was in a motorcycle accident last Friday and never regained consciousness, his daughter (I will call her Catherine) had to make the hard decision to take Bob off of life support, what a hard decision for Catherine and her sister to have to make. Not only did they make that decision but Catherine also made the decision to donate Bobs organs, what an awesome lady! I want to be more like Catherine!

No comments:

Post a Comment